Kia ora koutou,
The Stanley Avenue staff are looking forward to welcoming back our students on Monday. We trust that they have had a great school holiday break.
We have had advice from the Ministry of Education, and after reviewing it, the Stanley Avenue School Board of Trustees have decided to continue with the optional use of face masks for students Year 4 and above. We will continue with all of our other hygiene practices that are currently in place, the main hygiene practices are listed below.
- First and foremost, we ask that students and parents stay home until they are 100% well, whether they have Covid, Flu or a Stomach bug. Students displaying symptoms at school will be asked to be collected from the office area.
- Parents/ Visitors/ Whānau on school grounds must wear a mask.
- A large supply of student masks are available at school for student use.
- All students over the age of 12 travelling on a school bus route must wear a mask.
- On arrival at school, students will sanitise their hands at the entrance gate, with assistance from a staff member.
- Regular hand washing and/or sanitising continues throughout the day, particularly before and after eating.
- Across the school we will continue to focus on effective ventilation throughout the day.
- Events and activities will continue as per normal.
Please note if our covid situation happened to worsen we may have to review our covid planning and make changes to the above measures where applicable.
Ngā Mihi nui,
Cassie Warburton- BOT Chairperson